September 17, 2010

where in the world is all the time?

I posted these lyrics near the beginning of my blog (post 2, I think - gah so long ago), but lately they've been spinning in my head again so it felt time for my first re-post.
what can I say? erykah badu just speaks to me...

time to save the world,
where in the world is all the time
so many things I still don't know
so many times I've changed my mind

guess I was born to make mistakes
but I ain't scared to take the weight
so when I stumble off the path
I know my heart will guide me back


-Erykah Badu, Didn't Cha Know


also, check out a recent article in JAMA published by a first year medical student about feeling conflicted about holding patients hands. The NYT well blog is discussing this article as well - and the comments are definitely illuminating for a soon-to-be physicians and patients alike. what are your thoughts on the patient-physician hug: inappropriate or a reminder that we're all human?



No comments:

Post a Comment