March 27, 2011

Red Queen Wisdom



Q: how do you escape?

My Answer right now:


I have found re-discovered my love for novels (or maybe just rediscovered how to create time to enjoy them ??) since classes have ended and clerkships have begun. My favorite escapist genre is fantasy/science fiction, I think because it allows me to explore possibilities beyond that which we believe exist.

I also think working in something as emotionally exhausting as psychiatry for the past few weeks has had me seeking comfort in other sorts of worlds, at least temporarily - though as I write this, I wonder if it isn't actually more of the same questioning of reality that surrounds me all day at work.

**

"Oh my dear, sometimes I've believed in as many as six impossible things before breakfast"


**

No comments:

Post a Comment