April 26, 2011

Quick Little Beats

today was amazing.

I heart got to play with babies AND hear fetal heart sounds! Each time I placed the machine in the right place, I felt my heart leap my throat and my eyes tear up because it was so incredible!

the beat is so quick and you can actually hear the valves open and close. I think I was happier than some of the moms - even the really happy ones. I actually said to the first mom "Oh my goodness, your baby's heart is SO BEAUTIFUL!" Of course, she actually spoke Mandarin as her first language and didn't quite understand me, plus she's exhausted and super pregnant and has been feeling her baby move for quite some time now - so she mostly rolled her eyes and smiled like, "yup, silly medical student, of course it's a miracle"

miracle, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment