October 1, 2013

welcome, october



how lucky am i that my first day off in over two weeks is the first day of the best month of the whole year?  well, and coincidentally, the day the rest of DC is also off (thank you Mr Speaker).  my plans for a whole day to myself in the city I'm making my life is to read in bed all morning, slowly sipping coffee and using the other parts of my brain (check!), meet a friend for brunch to hear about the wonderful world of politics, head to a vinyasa yoga class to get all stretched out, and then to the Hirshorn Museum of sculpture and art, back home to do a bit of educational reading, make dinner for my husband-of-the-future and myself, and curl into bed with one of my new books.  what could be better?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers" 
-Anne of Green Gables

No comments:

Post a Comment