March 29, 2014

The Whole World to Dance

On this lovely Saturday morning, I woke up at 4am next to my best friend/the love of my life - who I haven't seen - awake or asleep - for more than 20 minutes at a time for the past month.  It was mere minutes until he had to get up and head into the hospital, but for a moment, my world felt at peace, a way it hasn't felt for a little while now.  

Now, of course, he's off at work, and I have a whole day to myself.  Soon, I'll head out on a long run, tackle the journal that just arrived in the mail, do some laundry, and head out to meet friends, but for now - sitting here sipping my coffee with no feeling of rush is kind of the best.  

For your Saturday morning to start off as nicely as mine, my current favorite song (and dance):




I want to see our bodies burning like the big old sun
I want to know what we've been learning and learning from

-edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros, man on fire

No comments:

Post a Comment