April 4, 2013

Flashback Thursday: APRIL 1 and 2 years ago

these are really interesting posts because I feel much more across the "bridge" of medical education

but I do feel like this blog, and my wonderful medical community has helped me to hold onto the stories
to remember that my patients don't exist in a vacuum, my colleagues don't exist in a vacuum,
and even I don't exist in a vacuum.
there's always more to the story if you're willing to look/ask/listen a bit deeper.

~~~~~


(to read the whole past post, click on the 1 year ago link below)

1 Year Ago: 2012, starting my 4th year of medical school, making time for an intensive yoga practice

In the choice to let go of your known way of being, the whole world is revealed to your new eyes.
- Dana Faulds



Mayo and me
from an early April hike/camping trip

another snowy hike up sunset ridge with Jared and Mark
(I guess I pretty much only wear one shirt)



2 years ago: 2011, in the middle of my Family Medicine 3rd year clerkship in Bangor, ME

a quote from Dr. Alita Anderson about the process of medical education:


when you find yourself on the other side of that bridge
you're part of the medical culture.
while you get there,
I want you to hold on to every bit of your old self
your now self
I want you to remember the stories of these patients.

my tribe came to visit me and we hiked in Acadia
to celebrate a very happy 25th birthday for Annie and Nic!

No comments:

Post a Comment