June 25, 2014

soul | Wednesday 3 Things

1. Young Adult Fiction: the debate
As someone who has basically exclusively read young adult fiction during this past year (and loved it!), but who has also read a good deal of actual adult fiction, I am so intrigued by the debate.

My favorite quote from Eleanor & Park that just captures this "nothing has ever been like this before" and "everything I feel, I feel completely" that I just love about YAF:

“You saved me life, she tried to tell him. Not forever, not for good. Probably just temporarily. But you saved my life, and now I'm yours. The me that's me right now is yours. Always.” 

From the Atlantic (more)
From New York magazine
From The NewYorker
from Slate (the negative review that started the debate)
from the NYTimes


2. Green Smoothies
I know I'm late to the game. But in the humid summer months, in overnight call, in times of not a lot of time, these rock.  Also, our kale is growing out of control!

Displaying photo.JPG   Green Smoothies - kale


3. A Quote on Marriage (from BHLDN)
Tom Waits a quote on marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment