June 11, 2014

Wednesday 3 Things

1. Breathing.
I recently discovered this amazing blog by Leo Babauta
here's his manifesto on breathing - good for reading any time you feel a little bit lost.

Breathe

By Leo Babauta
Breathe.
If you feel overwhelmed, breathe. It will calm you and release the tensions.
If you are worried about something coming up, or caught up in something that already happened, breathe. It will bring you back to the present.
If you are moving too fast, breathe. It will remind you to slow down, and enjoy life more.
Breathe, and enjoy each moment of this life. They’re too fleeting and few to waste.


2.  Peonies.
I'm obsessed.  There's something about big beautiful, undelicate flowers that just makes me smile.

I need about this many to get over this week. Flower shop tomorrow

3. being kind.  
after a month rotating in the emergency room, I can tell you that this is not always easy.  But I have been trying to catch myself whenever I want to roar at someone - and ask, what if I was just kind right now instead?  it's made me feel a whole lot better about my interactions with people, at the very least.  try it.
bekind_print_lowres

No comments:

Post a Comment