May 11, 2013

on feminism


while my college did have an incredible women studies program, I somehow thought that I was learning enough about feminism outside of the classroom to not sign up for any actual classes on feminist theory and feminist history.  to tell you the truth, I'm still a little reluctant to get too involved in feminist theory, but I wish I had taken a history of women class (which I'm sure was offered).

but you know what matt damon says: "you wasted $150,000 on an education that you probably could have got for $1.50 in late fees at the public library..."

so instead of going back to college to take that class, I am going to do some reading.

Here's a book by Gail Collins recommended by a dear friend whose life mission is wonderfully intersecting with mine (yay collette!) and a website about the Reconstructionists (this is maybe where feminist theory would be helpful...) with beautiful drawings by Lisa Congden.

/////

"god may be in the details, but the goddess is in the questions. once we begin to ask them, there's no turning back."
- gloria steinem



No comments:

Post a Comment