June 20, 2013

Flashback Thursday: June 2009-2012

For this flashback Thursday, I give you the wonderful month of June:
(click on the titles to check out the whole article)

June 2008: In Praise of the Man Who Asks Questions
In Boston, figuring out the dating scene.  While I'm not as concerned about this myself, I still find myself talking about this so much with my ladies:
If I were to give one general seduction tip (and this has been confirmed by many) it would be this: ask lots of questions... and then actually pay attention to the answers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired"
-Robert Frost

The summer before medical school - still in Boston.
Total Randomness but reminding me of a few people who have danced into my life lately: 
"...that quintessential California type, the overgrown and hyperactive child. Immensely gifted but flawed, he is a jumble of self-regard, self-confidence and self-immolation — potential greatness and a potential train wreck in the same metrosexual package."

my first summer after medical school, leaving my new friends (and new lover, now FIANCE), but how perfectly fitting for right now:
Before I left my country home, I was sitting on our brand new (ish) back porch with one of my room mates talking about leaving. She reminded me that humans adapt so much more easily than we anticipate we will. Transitions are hard for everyone - humans fear change more than anything - except boredom, maybe. And I think that's what saves us.

Tonight, on another porch, with old friends from my life in this city, talking about soccer games, relationships, and memories, it feels like maybe those two porches aren't really the worlds away they seem sometimes.

I just love this post, and possibly see a wedding reading in the making...
“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.” Billy – age 4

I really loved this night - Chris and I decided because we were only in town for a few days to head out to our favorite beer garden and just tell everyone to show up to see us.  It totally worked!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment