November 3, 2012

Reproductive Ven Diagram

This past weekend I went to a friend's wedding in a beautiful park.  The friend had thought she was infertile so had been not using birth control (!!)  But, when she found out she was pregnant, she and her long time boyfriend were both absolutely thrilled.   They decided to get married and start a family all in one year - all things they had hoped to do in the near future anyways.

The way she put it was "I feel like in the ven diagram of when I should have children, the circles are overlapping the most right now - so I want to do it".  She only gave a few examples of circles, but I sort of ran with it.

Here's my image of how this would look - I could have kept adding circles...

How do your circles fit together?


On another note, during the ceremony, they read this poem by Kuan Tao-Sheng (1262-1319):

MARRIED LOVE

You and I
Have so much love,
That it
Burns like a fire,
In which we bake a lump of clay
Molded into a figure of you
And a figure of me.
Then we take both of them,
And break them into pieces,
And mix the pieces with water,
And mold again a figure of you,
And a figure of me.
I am in your clay.
You are in my clay.

In life we share a single quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment