March 1, 2012

cabbage: the perfect veggie

Super easy delicious cole slaw recipe


(we made it with home made pizza with dough made with help from the bread machine and covered with zucchinni, squash, onions, garlic, oregano, basil and a little bit of mozzerella cheese)

Ingredients:
6c shredded cabbage
1 carrot, shredded
2/3 cup mayonaise
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 &1/2 tbsp sugar or to taste
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste

Preparation:
toss cabbage in a large bowel with the carrots.  In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients, cabbage, and carrots and toss to coat thoroughly.  Refrigerate until serving time and serve cool.

Serves about 6.

You may recall this as an incredible edition to my southern food themed 25th birthday a few years ago (wow, truly):




~~~~~~~~~~
"they say an end can be a start/feels like I've been buried yet I'm still alive/
it's like a bad day that never ends/I feel the chaos around me/
A thing I don't try to deny/I'd better learn to accept that/
there are things in my life that I can't control
if I ever feel better/remind me to spend some good time with you"


-pheonix, if I ever feel better

No comments:

Post a Comment