March 23, 2012

happiness project update

as this rotation comes to an end and I am preparing to move into a new house (!!) and start my next rotation, here are the things I have learned this past make me happy:

***
making delicious food like this recipe using these spring veggies from our CSA
asparagus, artichoke and shiitake risotto 
***
this song, which I've been grooving to nonstop today (creepy video but the song is excellent)
***
reading and discussing completely non-medical books like The Hunger Games (seeing the movie tonight!)
especially when they have a bad-ass Diana-like female protagonist

 
***
sunshine longer into the evenings for long runs with friends after work
(where we intentionally do NOT talk about medicine)
***
having a pretty unchanging morning routine that lets me sit and read while sipping some coffee

source
***
biking to work
 
(okay, so we may not actually be going to work in this photo)


And now, some things I want to work on during my next rotation/next month:
***
writing in my journal more
***
lifting 2x a week - no more, no less
***
eating veggies in every meal
***
getting to bed earlier - which means quitting work and computer puttering earlier
***
getting back to my friends sooner when they get in touch with me 
***
surrounding myself with big beautiful green and colorful plants, especially in the kitchen and bathroom
***

What have you done that has made you happy this past month?  
What are you looking forward to doing more of in the next month to better pursue happiness?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I remind myself there is no such thing as balance in my life.  If I want to truly be happy, I put my family first and then figure out how to do everything else"
-Stephanie Neilson









No comments:

Post a Comment