March 21, 2013

Flashback Thursday: What I Do


This post is fun to re-read because it reminds me that now I know more what I do
I help women figure out intimate, life changing decisions at their most vulnerable times
I provide information and healing to women and their families
I'm an educator, a scientist, a healer.
It's what I do.

~~~~~~

3 years ago: first year of medical school, in the middle of studying biochemical pathways

The other day I was talking to my father, not a doctor, about a case he's working on right now and how it was taking him all over the world to track down all the information he needed, but when I asked him if he was tired or stressed, he said, a little tired, maybe, but no, this is what I do.
What I do.
It's such an interesting concept - this thing, this job or career or role is WHAT I DO - my purpose, my passion, my greatest skill ?
What is it that I do exactly? Help people? Listen? Try to figure out what's wrong?
Oh wait...study.

with Delia, my first roommate and friend in med school
(this is probably my favorite photo of us)

No comments:

Post a Comment