March 14, 2013

Flashback Thursday: 1 and 2 years ago March

And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
- Max Ehrmann


This blog has been a source of great processing and documentation for me for over 5 (!!) years and I wanted some way to make sure I kept reading back through it (and maybe that you do too) because sometimes the wisdom and experiences can be applied in a new way to our current lives.

So each Thursday that I remember I will re-post part of a post of that month from the past 5 years.  We'll see how it goes, but it could be fun!  Here are some excerpts from the past 2 years to get started!

So, without further ado - thoughts from Marches past:

1 year ago: just starting my fourth year of medical school and committing to OB-GYN
an excerpt from Max Ehrmann poem:
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore, be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be.
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul.


with many of the ladies of my tribe in California 
NYE 2011-2012

2 years ago:  living in Florida on my psychiatry clerkship rotation

I think I've figured out the hardest thing to treat in medicine.
At one point I thought it was PAIN -
Another time I though it was DELUSIONS -
because how do you convince someone that their reality is false?
Now I think it's HOPELESSNESS.

Also, a great book recommendation for Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning

Mark, Anna, Chris and me,
toasting to the start of clerkships in Florida.
(my hair is soooo short!)












No comments:

Post a Comment