March 13, 2013

Rebirth

I don't know about where you are, but we have certainly had spring-like weather for the past few days, including a beautiful thick-raindropped storm today.  My day consisted of running a few last minute errands for our trip with the manfriend, cosying in at home to do some work/some yoga, and planning a venture out to get Pho for a casual dinner date.  Sounds like spring to me!  In the spirit of almost-spring, from a new blog I love, a passage from Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years""

"People get stuck, thinking they are one kind of person, but they aren't... The human body essentially recreates itself every six months.  Nearly every cell of hair and skin and bone dies and another is directed to its former place.  You are not who you were in February"

Myself, I know I'm not who I was in February - and certainly not six months ago.  Instead of feeling so in need of nestling in to my lovely home, I want to spread my wings and adventure!  Which is why - while it also feels a bit crazy - it mostly feels so right that I'm about to find out where I'm spending the upcoming four years of my life and then almost immediately jumping on an airplane to Nepal for a month-long trek in the Himalayas.

What has changed in you since February? 

No comments:

Post a Comment